Olympus Stylus

Ok, I recently acquired an Olympus Infinity Stylus off of Ebay. It was maybe $25, but the flash doesn't work, and the window that shows the film roll's ISO and EXP is covered with black gaffers tape, since the clear plastic that is normally there is gone. But I had to have this camera, and it was cheap, just to see what this thing could do.

Usually an overpriced camera on Ebay

See tape covering the hole?

Well, after I developed the film, I was amazed by the contrast by just looking at the film strip. I couldn't wait to scan each image. Now that I'm scanning the negatives, I am getting disappointed, as many images are blurry. Not sure why that is. Maybe something wrong with the lens mechanism? Or maybe it was too dark outside?

It's blurry!

Regardless, I've included some of the images in this blog post so you can see that this camera still has some potential. But I doubt that I will be using it anymore, I already have lots of film cameras, and better ones than this little point and shoot. I will be selling it on Ebay shortly for probably the same price that I bought it. Still, it was fun using it, not much of a challenge, great for new photographers and kids I suppose.

One image of some cacti on the hillside has some extreme contrast and well defined sharpness. I did nothing to this image let alone scan it with some added medium sharpness applied by the Epson scanner app (which I do to all scanned images). This image came out the most detailed, maybe because it was midday and the sun was blaring. There was another image at Home Depot that came out great as well, I did nothing to this image. Why is this camera hit and miss?

Arizona cacti...

Super sharp with great contrast right out of the camera.

Super sharp with great contrast right out of the camera.

Exposure seems well balanced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canon Photura Film Camera

Zenza Bronica ETRS part I

Zenza Bronica ETRS part II