Chinon Bellami Point and Shoot

So this little camera is fun to shoot. Unfortunately it uses zone focus, which isn't the most accurate, but can still produce good results. It was manufactured in 1980, so I'm thinking this camera has seen some use. The only real issue I had with the camera was that the film advance would work 50% of the time. So I got lots of double exposures. I would have to try and wind, it would fail, I would shoot a picture (with the lens covered), then I would have success with the advance working most of the time. So not a reliable camera, guessing the gears are slipping, but still very usable. And you have to admit, it looks pretty cool.

Chinon Bellami

Here are some images that I shot and developed in monobath, then scanned with my Epson V600. I like the images, but others not included here had lots of dust and dried water spots, I need a better wetting agent, and maybe I should prewet before developing, but most say that's not necessary. I am starting to believe that it is necessary.

Chandler Library

Senior Center

Chandler Library

Chandler Library

I did some curves adjustments in Photoshop, along with using the healing brush to remove lots of dust from the images. I will have to buy some compressed air and blow out my cameras before I use them. This particular camera actually needs new light seals, as the old ones are deteriorating, but are still functional, but maybe are contributing to the dust. I probably won't shoot with this camera again, I will put it on Ebay, as it's fun and all, but I have lots of point and shoots that I've bought which I haven't shot with yet. So this one has to go...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canon Photura Film Camera

Zenza Bronica ETRS part I

Zenza Bronica ETRS part II